BioDomus II is an Organic, mineral paint ideal for exterior masonry applications with additional aggregate (for texture) compared to BioDomus I. It is high-performing and easy to use for masonry applications for extreme durability. Compared to BioDomus I, it provides more texture and allows for a coarser finish, especially over brick.
- Very flat finish
- Superior durability & coverage
- Long lasting with no peeling, chipping, or flaking
- Ideal for residential
- No VOCs or solvents, Asthma-free & Hypoallergenic
- Odorless & naturally mold-resistant
- Meets highest standards in Material Health with C2C Silver Certification, A+ rating for French VOC Emissions, & passed CA1350
- Low carbon footprint with a concentrated formula
- Applied on damp masonry surfaces, giving you flexibility on when to start your project.
- Enhanced color, luminosity, depth, and beauty
- Recommended for masonry & stucco surfaces for homes
The surface and base type determine the primer(s) to use. More details on how to properly prepare the surface or for special situations, see the Technical Data Sheet (TDS).
Natural Stucco/Absorbent Brick/Unpainted Cedar Shakes/Stone - No Primer Needed
Pre-Painted Drywall, Wood, and Other Surfaces/Raw Unpainted Wood/New Unpainted Drywall - BioGrip Micro Primer Needed
Unabsorbent or Glossy Brick/Hardie Board/Cementitious Board - BioGrip Micro Primer Needed
Portland Stucco/Concrete/Unprimed Cementitious Board - EcoForte Consolidator as Pre-Primer and BioGrip Micro as Primer Needed
BioDomus II can be applied with a brush, roller, or sprayer like any traditional paint. You will want tape, drop cloths, ladders or other items to prepare the surface and painting area. Get a separate mixing bucket to dilute with water before usage.
Mixing With Water
Romabio Paints require water to be added prior to usage. Why?
- Allows for a cleaner product by not having to add toxic stabilizers, and
- Reduces our carbon footprint by up to 40%.
Mixing with water or diluting the product with water is as simple as pouring the concentrated paint into a separate, clean mixing bucket, adding the amount of water listed below (dilution rate), then using a paddle drill or a spatula to mix thoroughly. You should mix for 3 – 5 minutes until there is uniform consistency with no standing water. The dilution rate varies by product type. See the amount to dilute for your product on the back label.
BioDomus II Dilution Rate - 10% for Dark Colors, 25% for Lighter Colors
Prime the Surface
Properly prepare the surface and use the Recommended Primers for your surface type. Masonry surfaces should be damp prior to application of 1st coat. More details can be found on the previous tab, product TDS, or on the back of the bucket.
Paint your Walls
Start painting and give enough drying time in between coats, approximately 4 – 8 hours for BioDomus II. Two coats are recommended for most applications.