Little things that will make a BIG difference this winter!
The winter months are a struggle on any home and conserving energy is always a challenge. However, there are some tips that the experts know that will be save you money by conserving energy. At Ring’s End we have those experts on staff and we were able to share those tips with you!
- Insulating your home is key to preventing heat from escaping or cold from entering your home. When insulating your home you always want to start from the attic and work down. Attics are one of the easiest and most cost-effective places to add home insulation. You’ll increase the effectiveness of home insulation substantially if you first seal up air bypasses around chimneys, plumbing vents, wires and interior walls where warm, moist interior air escapes into the attic.
- Air sealing your windows is another way to make a difference in home your in the winter. Air leakage occurs when outside air enters the home or conditioned air leaves the home. This could lead to moisture problems that can affect occupant’s health and the structure’s durability. To avoid this problem, caulking and/or weather-stripping is a priority.
- Programmable thermostats are also another way to save energy in these winter months. You can save up to 10% on your energy bill per year by setting your thermostat lower when you are not in your home.
- At Ring’s End we offer the highest quality windows and doors from Marvin, Andersen, Integrity by Marvin, Upstate Door as well as many others. These windows and doors are energy efficient which will lower costs on energy bills. Come into any of our full service locations to speak with one of our experts on how new or replacement windows and doors can REfresh your home.
- LED lights are also another way to save energy. LED lights are 75% more efficient and can last up to 25 times longer than traditional lights.
- Adding energy efficient blinds could also save in energy costs. Hunter Douglas Duette honeycomb shades can preserve up to 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy. For help with window treatments visit any of our design locations to set up a consultation with one of our designers.
At Ring’s End we understand saving money on energy is important to our customer’s especially this time of year. Please visit a Ring’s End location near you or visit RingsEnd.com to find out more on how we can help you save money this winter!