At Ring’s End, our kitchen showrooms have hundreds of cabinets styles, finishes, and accessories. We also have our very own Custom Countertop Shop in which you can design a layout that works for you and your home. Our experienced kitchen specialists will help you from initial design all the way through product selection. When updating your cabinetry, there is no better choice than Ring’s End.
However, if you’re looking to just update or refinish your cabinetry that is also something we specialize in.
If you’re looking to paint your existing cabinets to give your house a fresh look, Ring’s End has all the supplies and expertise you need.
When starting know that this project will have to be done over the course of several days.
- First remove all cabinets, doors, and hardware.
- Place the cabinets and doors in a place where you have room to work on them.
- Clean the cabinets and doors with soap and water (if necessary use TSP for hard to clean areas).
- Sand the cabinets and doors with a medium grit sandpaper (120-180 grit).
- Clean up all dust with a tack cloth or slightly damp cloth.
- Use drop cloths and tape to cover areas you do not wish to be painted.
- Now it is time to prime the surfaces, our recommendation would be using Advance Primer based on it’s great adhesion and self-leveling.
- Let the primer dry for at least 24 hours and then sand again lightly with a fine grit sandpaper (220 grit).
- Once the surfaces are even, it’s now time to start with the finish paint. Ring’s End recommends Advance which comes in Satin, Semi-Gloss, and Gloss finishes. Advance is waterborne alkyd paint, which means that is a latex paint but performs like a traditional oil based paint. This will lead to enhanced durability.
- Apply first coat with premium foam or microfiber roller to get a smooth finish. To cut in Ring’s End recommends a nylon-polyester brush to smooth out the corners. Then allow 24 hours for first coat to dry.
- After the first coat we insist that you sand the surfaces again lightly with a 220 grit sandpaper and then clean up excess dust with a tack cloth or damp cloth.
- Now it’s time for the second coat in which we will apply it just like the first coat so we get complete coverage. Allow another at least another 24 hours of dry time after the second coat.
- Once the paint is completely dry it is now time to reinstall the hardware.
This process might seem difficult as first glance, but at Ring’s End our experienced professionals and premium products will make this an easy project. There will be a video provided from Benjamin Moore to visually show you how this process works. Please visit one of 19 locations for more information on refinishing your cabinets.