Ring's End Lumber
architectural hardware

Architectural Hardware

paint centers

Paint Centers

kitchen-bath

Kitchen & Bath

Source Book

Source Book

Our Source Book contains a sampling of the thousands of products that we carry to help you improve your home. More...

History

Old TruckRing’s End was founded in 1902 in Darien, Connecticut, which is situated on Long Island Sound in the southwestern corner of the state.  It got its unique name from the area where it was first located, “Ring’s End Landing” (which in turn may have been named after the town of Ring’s End, north of London, or Ringsend Point in Dublin Bay).

Originally, Ring’s End supplied the surrounding area with coal, grain, hay, feed, and flour by the barrel.  Small sailing vessels delivered these products up the Goodwives River and offloaded them at the end of the company’s small wharf.  After World War I, rail became the primary means to transport material, so Ring’s End found it necessary to be closer to train service.

In 1919 the company moved to its present location on West Avenue where coal and other materials were sent to the company by rail.  The addition of its own rail siding enabled Ring’s End to expand its product offerings to include lumber and building products.

Darien ca. 1950Eventually, Ring’s End replaced coal with fuel oil.  But by 1955, as the company shifted its emphasis to supplying materials for the building trade, the fuel oil business was sold to the Home Oil Company of Darien.

Over the next fifty years, Ring’s End experienced tremendous growth.  It opened the Lewisboro Supply Company (now Ring’s End of Lewisboro) in 1959, Ring’s End of Bethel in 1979, Ring’s End of New Milford in 1991, Ring’s End of Niantic in 1998, and the Ring’s End Paint Center of New London in 2002.

In its second century the company has continued to expand, opening Ring’s End of Wilton in 2005, Ring’s End of Branford in 2006, and Ring’s End of Norwalk in 2009, and the Ring's End Paint Center of Stamford in 2011.  And in 2007, TJ Carr Company was acquired and relocated its custom millwork operations to the Ring’s End Milford warehouse location.

Today, Ring’s End is one of Connecticut’s most prominent retail lumber, millwork, and building specialties companies, with a reputation for offering premium quality products at extremely competitive prices, for providing excellent service, and for having a knowledgeable, professional sales staff.

Ring’s End has one of the largest and most diverse inventories in the area.  It can satisfy the needs of the largest home builder as well as of remodeling contractors and do-it-yourself homeowners.